Author Topic: Project 17 in Cleo Help Documentation  (Read 2461 times)

DonFL

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Project 17 in Cleo Help Documentation
« on: July 03, 2016, 03:00:12 AM »
I started playing around with an Si4703 module I picked up on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141977601890?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It is similar to this sparkfun board: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/si4703-fm-radio-receiver-hookup-guide?_ga=1.156349247.563114735.1467505670 , but not the same as the board spec'd in the project listing: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11083

Obvious difference is the recommended board has line-out connections, the board I picked up has an audio jack on-board, (and uses headphone wire as an antenna).

I tested the board using the Sparkfun sample code with a standard Uno board, and it works fine.

I then decided to give it a shot using the Cleo code. From what I can see, the "line in" connection on the Cleo just loops thru a class d amp, and then back out to the speaker leads, so I'm thinking I'm ok to just control the board with the Cleo code, and use the si4703 audio output.

The diagram shown is does not match the code provided; the code provided is similar to the Sparkfun code, so I made connections per the code, as opposed to the diagram.

Everything powers up, but the display hangs at "connecting to radio". I get audio from the ear buds connected to the Si4703 board, but assuming the program gets as far as to initialize the 4703 board, it would mean it is sitting at the low end of the FM band, so no stations. I modified the code to a live station, and it works. 

Soooo...the question remains as to why the display hangs on "connecting to radio"..going to spend a little more time with the code and see if I can find anything obvious wrong, and since I'm just starting to mess with the Cleo, it will be a good opportunity to dig into the libraries a bit. Curious if anyone else has tried the 4703 board, and been successful.

 

DonFL

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Project 17 in Cleo Help Documentation
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 06:39:45 PM »
Problem solved, and its working.

The use of pin D3 as the rst line is the culprit. changed to D0, as a test, worked fine.

I haven't done any digging to confirm exactly why D3 is an issue, but since the Si4703 works fine with D3 as the RST assignment, and its just Cleo that locks up, I'm assuming its something Cleo-specific.

Maybe Fred and team can shed some light.

prashanthb

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
Re: Project 17 in Cleo Help Documentation
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 02:53:52 AM »
Hi Don,

Apologies for not informing the issues noticed for Alpha release. CleO interrupt line was modified from D2 to D3 during the production test stage and was late for Arduino projects deployment. Kindly wait for the latest version of CleO package that contains all the updates and fixes.

FYI, below are the list of projects that were modified due to cleo interrupt line modification.
1.   Project 16 An ECG (Heart Rate) Display: Heart Rate click interrupt line is no longer required.
2.   Project 17 A Digital FM Radio: Si470x rst line connected to D4 instead of D3.
3.   Project 20 An Rotary Display: Rotary click int line connected to D4 instead of D3.

Best Regards
Prashanth B

DonFL

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Project 17 in Cleo Help Documentation
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 12:31:37 PM »
Thanks. Figured it was something like that.

BriellaWilson

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
    • cenforce 100
Re: Project 17 in Cleo Help Documentation
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 11:00:39 AM »