Author Topic: Installation Problems  (Read 22316 times)

Fred Dart

• CEO of FTDI
  • Administrator
  • Welcome...
    • View Profile
    • FTDI CleO Page
Re: Installation Problems
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 11:28:01 AM »
Seems I was correct, somehow you have outdated pre-release firmware on your faulty CleO  :-[
It would need factory reprogramming ( not DFU ) to fix this. On release firmware, like your good CleO's, DFU should work fine.

it-argy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 09:37:51 AM »
I received 2 Cleo and Nero packages separately as well. In one package there were no SD-card nor the stylus - but that's the minor problem.
The Neros do work, but with the CleOs I do have similar problems like NeilMan.

Using the debug-sketch sent from Prashanth to NeilMan, I receive with the bad Cleo only the message "Before CleO begin", no reply of "r0=0" neither the adress "r1=1D7F". This CleO does not work at all.

Besides of the above mentioned problems I am not able to use PC Tools DFU update. For both CleOs the dfu-util complains "No such file or directory: Could not open file CLeO_Factory_Firmware.bin.~~tmp for reading". I am using Win 8.1 prof. Thus I cannot update  the good CleO to Ver. 1.2

Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help, Axel

prashanthb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 12:29:55 PM »
Hi Axel,

May I know if both the CleOs do not work or only one. Do you notice bootup screen on the modules?

May I know if "No such file or directory: Could not open file CLeO_Factory_Firmware.bin.~~tmp for reading" error is reported when PCTools is run under administrator or XP mode?

it-argy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 03:02:01 PM »
Hi Prashanth,

one CleO does work, the other shows only the nice bootup screen.

Thanks for the hint of administrator modus, I succeeded now to update both CleOs to ver 1.2. But still the bad one only shows the bootup screen.
Running your debug-sketch it stops after "Before CleO begin".

Hope this info helps, Axel

prashanthb

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 12:07:30 PM »
Hi Axel,

Kindly cross check the jumper setting of CN10 (5V), CN11 (D10) and CN12 (IRQ>>D3) are connected. I presume NerO is been used as Arduino module.

Fred Dart

• CEO of FTDI
  • Administrator
  • Welcome...
    • View Profile
    • FTDI CleO Page
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 03:16:25 PM »
Well worth checking ( NerO or UNO )  - it could be that simple. I hope so anyway...

it-argy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 06:38:44 PM »
Hi Prashanth,
hi Dart,
sorry for you both, the jumper settings were right from the begining as they have been shipped.

I am out of office till next wednesday, so do enjoy the weekend and think of help for me,
Axel

it-argy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 10:51:00 AM »
Hi Prashanth,
hi Fred Dart,

I'm back in office and eager to hear proposal for my not working Cleo. The jumpers are as they should be: CN0 = 5V, CN1 = D10, CN2 = D3.

Thanks for your help,
Axel

Fred Dart

• CEO of FTDI
  • Administrator
  • Welcome...
    • View Profile
    • FTDI CleO Page
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 12:59:45 PM »
Hi Axel,
I've just got back from a trip as well - nice to get away for a few days. I think the best solution is simply to replace your faulty unit - can you send me a private message via the forum with your full name and contact details and I'll set things in motion.
Best Regards,
Fred.

Fred Dart

• CEO of FTDI
  • Administrator
  • Welcome...
    • View Profile
    • FTDI CleO Page
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 01:13:03 PM »
Hi Axel,
thanks for the message via the forum with your contact details. I've requested the team to send you a replacement unit. Apologies for the inconvenience..
Best Regards,
Fred.

Fred Dart

• CEO of FTDI
  • Administrator
  • Welcome...
    • View Profile
    • FTDI CleO Page
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 03:01:37 PM »
It's being sent to you today..

it-argy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2016, 01:37:29 PM »
Hi Dart,

thanks for sending a new Cleo, it arrived last monday.

I just run a test, it shows the nice girl and version 1.1.1 which up to now I could not update via PC Tools. dfu-util states the error message: "No such file or directory: Could not open file CLeO_Factory_Firmware.bin.~~tmp for reading".

Would you like me to send the defect CleO somewhere?

Best Regards,
Axel

DSV

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 09:57:04 AM »
Hi,
I also had a hard time trying to get my Cleo to work until I found this thread which pointed in the direction that the reverse board might be faulty. It turns out that D11 is connected to ground. When connecting my Uno to Cleo with patch cables it works fine.
Really didn't expect the passive reverse-io board to be the problem. Is it a faulty batch of Reverse boards (rev 1.1)?

BR
Daniel

NeilMan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 01:25:05 PM »
Hi Daniel,
Yes that's the exact same problem I got with my ReversIo - shorted D11 to ground.

Not at all what you would expect from a module comprising a PCB and some headers - as a bonus I got a deaf Cleo as well - both were replaced after we'd tried to remote diagnose (the slow way with questions and answers on here!).